HP HSR Routers

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Mar 12 18:20:12 UTC 2016

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016, Colton Conor wrote:

> Does anyone deploy HP HSR routers for full BGP routing? Looks like they
> have couple of routers that can hold 4 Million IPv4 routes, and do full BGP
> routing. I did no even know that HP had routers of this size.

Are you sure that's forwarding table size, not routing table size?

There are lots of platforms that will have large RIB but a lot smaller
FIB.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04111660.pdf?ver=23

"HP 6600 Router Series"

"Routing table size 1000000 entries (IPv4), 300000 entries (IPv6)
Forwarding table size 1000000 entries (IPv4), 100000 entries (IPv6)"

I don't know if there is a typo somewhere, but it shows the difference
between RIB and FIB.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se