Why the US Government has so many data centers

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Fri Mar 11 22:23:25 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-11 04:40 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
> [...]

I disagree.  Government departments are heavily concerned about
economics.  Specifically, "how can we maintain, or preferably increase,
our budget in the next fiscal cycle?"   If that means feeding 500 lbs of
pork to a chihuahua so you can burn up this year's budget, then so be
it.  Next year you can ask for extra money to put the chihuahua on a
special, extremely expensive diet while simultaneously asking for more
pork to enrich its diet.