Cogent - Google - HE Fun

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 11 16:52:27 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Andrews" <marka at isc.org>

> I don't think anyone should be colluding to hurt Cogent or anyone
> else for that matter and this thread appears to be heading in this
> direction.

I suspect a distinction could be made in court by a competent attorney between

"colluding to hurt Cogent"

and

"collaborating to keep Cogent's ill-chosen policies from hurting the utility
of the greater Internet".

The Law does not guarantee *any* business the unsullied right to conduct its
business in any particular way and expect that always to work; companies
much newer than buggy-whip manufacturers have long since learned that.

[ I am not an attorney; if my advice breaks something, you get to keep both pieces. ]

Cheers,
-- jra