Cogent - Google - HE Fun

Matthew D. Hardeman mhardeman at ipifony.com
Thu Mar 10 22:58:20 UTC 2016

Freddy,

As there is no IPv6 transit between HE and Cogent, this would have the effect of isolating ones network services from the single-homed customers of Cogent.  I’m not sure that many of us could get away with that.  Further, I’m not sure that it’s appropriate to punish the single-homed Cogent customers.  I’ll grant, this is just what Google has done, but they’re well positioned to weather that storm and have a level of visibility and brand loyalty that will allow them to have a chance of success at it.

I think the softer approach of reducing the relevancy of Cogent’s IPv6 transit service and indeed the relevancy of peering with Cogent for IPv6 is a way forward that more of us could get behind.

Thanks,

Matt Hardeman