FW: [tld-admin-poc] Fwd: Re: .pro whois registry down?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Mar 10 00:54:27 UTC 2016

Additionally 'whois' is free form text.  Whois doesn't include a
AI to workout what this free form text means so, no, there isn't a
actual referral for a whois application to use.

Additionally we should be publishing where the whois server for the
tld is in the DNS.  whois applications could be looking for this
then falling back to other methods.

e.g.

	_whois._tcp.pro. srv 0 100 43 whois.afilias.net.

If we want machines to follow referrals we have to provide them in
appropriate forms.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC