remote serial console (IP to Serial)

greg whynott greg.whynott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:30:37 UTC 2016

Recently I have taking over the responsibility of managing about 18 remote
routers and firewalls.   None of these have a console port for 'out of
band' access accessible today.

Most sites has available IPs between the ISP and us (typically a /29) or a
backup DSL connection available for use.     I'd like to purchase a IP to
Serial port device I can use for each location in the event I lock myself
out.   The requirement would be an Ethernet port,  a serial port,  and SSH.

Anyone have any recommendations on something like this?

thanks much,
greg