automated site to site vpn recommendations

Geoff Wolf AB3LS liltechdude13 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:50:39 UTC 2016

I have a feeling that most if not all of the requirements you have could be
achieved with a Cisco ISR router running some kind of FlexVPN/DMVPN setup
back to a network VPN hub. The ISR G3 series has the option of enabling a
built in firewall/IPS. You'd need a RADIUS solution to authenticate the VPN
from the spoke router in the field to the hub and also for 802.1X port
authentication. Depending upon the number of port's you'd need, a
downstream switch may be needed (ISR4331 has optional 4-port PoE switch
module).
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/ipsec-architecture-implementation/200031-Zero-Touch-Deployment-ZTD-of-VPN-Remot.html

That said, I think this would be a huge headache compared to what can be
done with Meraki. It would also involve a TON of R&D time (believe me).

--
Geoffrey Wolf