Timeouts Loading Major Websites

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Tue Jun 21 22:21:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 06:13:10PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> "the internet is on fire"
>
> not as helpful a troublereport as one might want.
>
> please provide at least (so everyone else can verify/help/troubleshoot):
>   1) from location X
>   2) site Y with protocol Z (which resolves to a.b.c.d currently)
>   3) traceroute to siteY (address a.b.c.d)

In addition to providing useful debug info, there are some good places
to check:

    http://sqa.ring.nlnog.net/
    (an attempt at outage correlation based on NLNOG RING data)

    https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/
    (people (self-)reporting outages)

    http://isitdownorjust.me/
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
    (self-test websites from various vantage points)

> otherwise... "sure major sites are slow, I also use a 300baud coupler
> modem these days though...."

How did you know about the coupler? :)

- Job