Netflix banning HE tunnels

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jun 20 17:30:16 UTC 2016

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 10:10 , Mark Milhollan <mlm at pixelgate.net> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> On Jun 14, 2016, at 11:57 , Ricky Beam <jfbeam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I've seen many "IPv6 Capable" CPEs that apply ZERO security to IPv6 traffic.
>>
>> Those are by definition poorly designed CPE.
>
> This (open by default vs closed) has been discussed before, with plenty
> of people on either side.
>

> /mark

I’m unaware of anyone advocating open inbound by default residential CPE.

I’m not saying they don’t exist, but I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly defend that position rationally.

I’m pretty much in favor of open by default in most things, but for inbound traffic to residential CPE? Even I find that hard to rationalize.

Owen