cross connects and their pound of flesh

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sun Jun 19 13:33:14 UTC 2016

I think that's where the value in a distributed IX comes into play. The more nimble networks can move to different facilities while still maintaining the connectivity. Enough of that happens and pricing pressure comes into play in other parts of the market (space and cross connects).

For those of you that operate in many markets, do you see any parallels where one operator has (or had) a hold on the market (Chicago Equinix and Miami Terremark for instance) compared to more diversified markets like NYC (due to a variety of IXes) or Seattle (due to SIX)?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com