IP and Optical domains?

Glen Kent glen.kent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:28:58 UTC 2016

Mikael,

Thanks. I was looking at a technical problem. I say this because you may
not have this problem when both are networks are being run by the same
vendor equipment, say Alcatel-Lucent (or Nokia now). What are the technical
problems because of which ISPs need to over-provision when there are IP and
optical domains involved. OR rather let me rephrase my question --  what is
the technical challenge involved in setting up an end to end path between
two IP domains that have an optical domain in between.

Thanks, Glen