NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Sat Jun 18 08:49:38 UTC 2016

Our DC (granted, not in the US!) charges a one-off fee of $75 to install the XC, which includes the cable too. Terminated to a 1U patch panel at TOR. Only one end pays the 1-off charge (the customer that requested the order). No ongoing charges. No one else rummages in the overheads other than the DC operator themselves.

I guess perhaps what we have is a bit of a luxury, but it's part of the reason we chose that DC over others available in the same vicinity, so it did give them a competitive advantage :)

Pete