NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jun 17 06:21:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Dave Temkin wrote:

> You meant a customer, but because of a lack of transparency (and great
> marketing) amongst some IXPs, it's very easy to conflate member-mutual
> IXPs, commercial, and non-profit IXPs. Being a "member" of NetNod provides
> you with a very different set of benefits vs. LINX and unless you read the
> letters of incorporation, you may not know that.

Are you accusing Netnod of using marketing (and lack of transparancy) to
try to fool people into believing it is a member based organisation?

I've read what you wrote above 5 times now, and it sure seems to me that
you do.

If you are, I'm very interested in hearing your motivation for doing that.
If you're not, please do share what you actually meant.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se