NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Dave Temkin dave at temk.in
Fri Jun 17 01:18:05 UTC 2016

A key point:

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl at gmail.com>
wrote:

I have studied Netnod extensively because we want to become members

You meant a customer, but because of a lack of transparency (and great
marketing) amongst some IXPs, it's very easy to conflate member-mutual
IXPs, commercial, and non-profit IXPs. Being a "member" of NetNod provides
you with a very different set of benefits vs. LINX and unless you read the
letters of incorporation, you may not know that.