IXP economics Was: Re: NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:24:04 UTC 2016

Well. Its complicated. I think this is far more political than about COGS.
But hey. Why not?

I agree with Dave. Shocking. I know. At least the context. He's right.
Thanks for reminding us. We know these things. We'll have to see how IXP
communities react now. Perhaps espresso service will be defined as good
outreach? If it is, thats certainly up to them.

Btw, have you thanked your local US branded euro IXP? They created market
pressures that saved many of us a Brinks truck full of cash by increasing
competitiveness. A lot of us owe them thanks and support for doing
good.  If you do, grab Job, John, Henk, Pauline, Arnold or Andreas and give
them a big COGS crushing hug. Go easy on Pauline, less crush please.

Best,

Marty