NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jun 15 18:33:43 UTC 2016

> I want to go to an IXP being a nice simple ethernet switch. Add some
> nice graphs and a route server, and we're done. Redundancy is a
> separate switch :)

come to seattle.  but mikael has a point.  big peers do their own
s-flow, and sparkly things.  then smaller ix members want those things
too, but can or will not do it for themselves.  and soon they find an ix
engineer who wants to show their sparkle fu.  next thing you know, there
is a salesperson to take orders and promte sparkly things.  slippery
slope.

like nanog itself, when you start to assess quality by measuring
quantity, you get a low end american supermarket, a jillion false
choices of poor food.

randy