NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jun 14 21:05:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Daniel Golding <dgolding at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "If a presentation will name a particular vendor, that vendor should receive
>> an advance
>> draft so that their reps are prepared to speak at the mic about their
>> intentions. "
>
> One of the least savory aspects of the technical press and industry analyst
> worlds is something called pre-pub review. That's where big vendors pay you
> to see stuff before its printed, so they can attempt to censor it.  It
> happens all the time, and you never know about it.

Hi Daniel,

That's quite a bit further than anything I suggested. My notion was
that after the presentation has been accepted, the mentioned vendors
receive a copy... not so they can attempt to squelch it but so that
they can respond when the presentation is given.

Besides, which among you would dare try to squelch a NANOG
presentation? Y'all are well familiar with the Streisand Effect.

Regards,
Bill

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us