NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Jun 14 16:33:12 UTC 2016

On Jun 14, 2016, at 11:20 AM, Daniel Golding <dgolding at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> We've had this for years. https://www.nanog.org/governance/attendance
>
> If you notice similarities - they are intentional.

<chuckle>

> If you notice differences - NANOG has always had a higher threshold for a
> frank exchange of views between participants. We have no desire to stifle
> that.

Makes perfect sense to me - thanks for the pointer!

So, you’ve set expectations, and those include a clear reporting and enforcement
process, so is discussion of the session in question (I actually have no idea which
one it is ) on a mailing list really the right approach?   Alternatively should folks who
feel there was an issue just follow the reporting process?  (rhetorical question)

/John

Disclaimer: my views alone.