NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Daniel Golding dgolding at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:30:11 UTC 2016

"If a presentation will name a particular vendor, that vendor should
receive an advance
draft so that their reps are prepared to speak at the mic about their
intentions. "

One of the least savory aspects of the technical press and industry analyst
worlds is something called pre-pub review. That's where big vendors pay you
to see stuff before its printed, so they can attempt to censor it.  It
happens all the time, and you never know about it.

Sharing people's decks with vendors before they are presented might be a
nice thing for the presenter to do, but its not appropriate for the NANOG
organization.

Dan