NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

Daniel Golding dgolding at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:18:55 UTC 2016

I'd suggest that this is not an operation discussion and should be moved to
the NANOG Membership list.

I don't see any violation of the presentation guidelines. Also, the day we
decide to censor ourselves to avoid offending vendors is the end of my
involvement in NANOG - and I suspect that is the case for many others.

Matt is being coy, for some reason. He didn't like Dave Temkin's talk about
IXP costs. I listened very carefully and did not hear any specific members
or people targeted - only organizations and companies.

NANOG is not and has never been a "safe space" for sponsors or
organizations that exist in the network space. It never should be. If LINX
or AMSIX or anyone else didn't like what was said, they should have rocked
the mic (which they did!) and they should come to the next NANOG and
present a counterpoint.

Daniel Golding
(speaking in my personal capacity)