Netflix banning HE tunnels

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:34:00 UTC 2016

Sure they are free to do this but it doesn't mean people can't voice their
opinions.

This is almost identical logic that was used in the days of DVD. Users
wanted their content in a different medium, companies failed to invest in
developing a way the new method could be profitable and chose to invest
huge resources chasing down their customers and calling them criminals.

Judging by all the services out there that were profiting on providing
foreign users various methods to access US content, this shows there is a
huge demand for this and people are even willing to pay up every month to a
3rd party on top of their netflix subscription.

So rather than just blocking these people why not just offer them another
price tier with zero or lesser geo restrictions which gives them what they
want?

chris