Netflix banning HE tunnels

Michael Brown michael at supermathie.net
Tue Jun 7 13:43:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-07 07:23 AM, Davide Davini wrote:
> Who did it say on this ML that the best way to solve these issues is
> Netflix tech support? :)
Netflix tech support isn't useful for *anything* - even when asked about
this specific issue while I was going through my own diagnosis:

Me: are you blocking he dot net IPv6 tunnels?
Netflix Jerry: IPv6 tunnels as far as I know, no, we have no issues there.
You: can you please check?
Netflix Jerry: Gimme a sec.
You: so if I have a he dot net IPv6 tunnel that is marked as geolocated
in Canada, would you still flag that as a VPN/unblocker?
Netflix Jerry: OK, Im back...
Netflix Jerry: There is no issue with IPV6 as far as today.
You: so IPv6 access won't EVER trigger the unblocker/proxy detection?
Netflix Jerry: Not at the moment.

M.

--
Michael Brown            | The true sysadmin does not adjust his behaviour
Systems Administrator    | to fit the machine.  He adjusts the machine