Monitoring system recommendation

Guillaume Tournat guillaume at ironie.org
Tue Jun 7 06:52:36 UTC 2016

Things to notice, as I prefer Zabbix over nagios (real database related, more functionalities) :
- Zabbix actually is open source. You can buy support from them or from partners if you want
- Zabbix can be distributed through central/proxies architecture to scale
- nagios plugins can be adapted for Zabbix, as the later only needs numerical value (no status or text)