Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Sun Jun 5 01:28:53 UTC 2016

On 6/4/2016 13:38, Owen DeLong wrote:
> If you’re wife is really worried about $100/year, give up your first
> 2 weeks of Starbucks each year in trade.

My wife does very well in managing our sparse resources (in spite of the
efforts of the government and the Jesuits) and (I suspect) would not
patronize a Starbucks on an errand for a dying parishioner.

There are two (at least) things I do not understand about this business
(probably why I failed at it).  Why do people buy "services" from people
who charge extra to annoy their customers, and why do providers work so
hard to be annoying when providing better service would actually be
cheaper and less work?

--
"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by
its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole

--Albert Einstein

 From Larry's Cox account.