Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

mike.hyde1 at gmail.com mike.hyde1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 21:15:14 UTC 2016

Had the same problem at my house, but it was caused by the IPv6 connection
to HE.  Turned of V6 and the device worked.

--

Sent with Airmail

On June 1, 2016 at 10:29:03 PM, Matthew Kaufman (matthew at matthew.at) wrote:

Every device in my house is blocked from Netflix this evening due to
their new "VPN blocker". My house is on my own IP space, and the outside
of the NAT that the family devices are on is 198.202.199.254, announced
by AS 11994. A simple ping from Netflix HQ in Los Gatos to my house
should show that I'm no farther away than Santa Cruz, CA as microwaves
fly.

Unfortunately, when one calls Netflix support to talk about this, the
only response is to say "call your ISP and have them turn off the VPN
software they've added to your account". And they absolutely refuse to
escalate. Even if you tell them that you are essentially your own ISP.

So... where's the Netflix network engineer on the list who all of us can
send these issues to directly?

Matthew Kaufman