EVERYTHING about Booters (and CloudFlare)

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Jul 28 16:12:25 UTC 2016

Miles is right.  Their thinly veiled "stress tester" thing is not going to be much of a defense.  They must not have very good legal counsel.  Here is the issue.  Stress testing is perfectly legal as long as I am:

	a) Stress testing my own stuff
	b) Stress testing your stuff WITH YOUR CONSENT

Selling a product or service that is unsafe can lead to serious civil consequences.  For example, I sell you roach killer and don't warn you that it will also kill every other living thing in your home, I am going to get sued and lose badly.

Let's say I am running a demolition company that offers to knock down any house for a price.  Don't you think I have a responsibility to verify that you own the house you just asked me to knock down?   (by the way, this has happened in the real world -wrong address on paperwork- and the demolition company was held liable) Obviously I have that responsibility and obviously the same rules would apply to any service that can potentially damage someone's property.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL