EVERYTHING about Booters (and CloudFlare)

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:00:00 UTC 2016

On 28 July 2016 at 11:30, <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> In general, the conspiracy isn't criminal if the conspired act isn't
> criminal.
> If you're trying to make a criminal conspiracy out of non-criminal acts,
> your best bet is probably finding a new way to abuse the RICO statutes.

DDoS attacks using stolen resources and fake identities is not legal and it
is not free speech. Moreover it is illegal just as it is illegal for me to
smash your car.

Cloudflare are saying they are not smashing any cars. Cloudflare will
however act as couriers, provide anonymity and protect anyone that does
smash cars. Also Cloudflare sells "protection" against car smashing.

But all this is just free speech - sorry no, this is not any better than
what the mafia guys are doing in bad parts of the town.

Regards,

Baldur