MTU

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Sat Jul 23 11:32:05 UTC 2016

* Baldur Norddahl

> I did not say we were doing internet peering...

Uhm. When you say that you peer with another ISP (and keep in mind what
the "I" in ISP stands for), while giving no further details, then folks
are going to assume that you're talking about a standard eBGP peering
with inet/inet6 unicast NLRIs.

> In case you are wondering, we are actually running L2VPN tunnels over
> MPLS.

Okay. Well, I see no reason why using GRE tunnels for this purpose
shouldn't work, it does for us (using mostly VPLS and Martini tunnels).

That said, I've never tried extending our MPLS backbone outside of
our own administrative domain or autonomous system. That sounds like a
really scary prospect to me, but I'll admit I've never given serious
consideration to such an arrangement before. Hopefully you know what
you're doing.

Tore