IPv6 Deployment for Mobile Subscribers

Ricardo Ferreira ricardofbferreira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:54:48 UTC 2016

Is there anyone here working in an ISP where IPv6 is deployed?
We are starting to plan the roll-out IPv6 to mobile subscribers (phones) I
am interesting in knowing the mask you use for the assignment; whether it
is /64 or /128.

In RFC 3177, it says:
3. Address Delegation Recommendations

   The IESG and the IAB recommend the allocations for the boundary
   between the public and the private topology to follow those general
   rules:

      -  /48 in the general case, except for very large subscribers.
      -  /64 when it is known that one and only one subnet is needed by
         design.
      -  /128 when it is absolutely known that one and only one device
         is connecting.

Basically a sole device will be connecting to the internet so I am
wondering if this rule is follwed.

Cheers

--
Ricardo Ferreira