Interesting Article on Modulation Schemes

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 21:45:31 UTC 2016

Not just "talking about" 16QAM is in active use for subsea high capacity
channels...  Both Xtera and Infinera are shipping DWDM terminals for
installation at cable landing stations that use 16QAM for 100/200/400 Gbps
superchannels.

http://www.xtera.com/home/technology/100g-and-400g/

http://www.xtera.com/home/products/nu-wave-optima/

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei as well.