NAT firewall for IPv6?

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 22:55:06 UTC 2016

My how the world has changed!

On 7/1/2016 21:28, Edgar Carver wrote:
> Hello NANOG community. I was directed here by our network administrator
> since she is on vacation.

I am Old School, I guess.  In my day Step One would be "Fire the
administrator."  The job is by nature a 24 X 7 X 52 job and "On Call"
the rest of the time.  "Vacation" is never a reason to leave your
assignment insecure.

"NAT-based firewall"?  Really?

How long has the consultant been out of business?

Luckily, I minored in Computer Science so I have
> some familiarity.

I have no idea how I fat-fingered a "send" at this point/

I started to write that you have an emergency on your hands and you need
to focus your attention of finding a person or firm that can take charge
and fix problems you don't even know about yet.

A "Dear Abby" approach is going do way more harm than good.

--
"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by
its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole

--Albert Einstein

  From Larry's Cox account.