NAT firewall for IPv6?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Jul 5 14:42:10 UTC 2016

On 7/1/16 8:28 PM, Edgar Carver wrote:
> Unfortunately, the network admin couldn't give me the password since
> a local consultant set it up, and it seems they went out of business. I
> need to think outside the box.

So your network admin didn't bother to get the login/enable password for
a device that is an integral part of your network?   That's...  a very
big lapse in their responsibilities.

I had a consultant recently in CO try to pull the same stunt on me for
one of the companies I consult for - stalling, giving bullshit reasons,
etc on why they couldn't just hand over the administrative passwords to
the actual IT people in the company.

Why were we demanding admin access?  Because the company we were paying
to maintain it we suspected weren't doing their job.  We figured they
knew exactly why we were asking for the information, and were buying time.

IIRC, we were right about the condition of the firewall, switches, etc.

Anyways, moral of the story, don't let a consultant hold any and all the
keys to the castle for exactly the situation you have right now.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org