IPv6 deployment excuses

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Jul 2 18:47:56 UTC 2016

Living in an area where we have a dense pocket without broadband available is a key problem. The two incumbents fail to service the area despite one having fiber 1200' away at the entry to our street.

One area incumbent can do native v6, the other does 6rd but they don't serve the area so it's even moot. I'm in the process of building my own fiber now due to this problem. The service will likely look like native v6 and 100.64 for v4 w/ nat. This penalty for v4 will become more apparent over time is my guess.

Jared Mauch