The IPv6 Travesty that is Cogent's refusal to peer Hurricane Electric - and how to solve it

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jan 29 02:04:44 UTC 2016

Sadly, the law firms with big routers seem to prefer a regulatory environment that they
can manipulate, so it’s a tough situation to achieve a good outcome.

They are the ones that are blocking the industry from arriving at a good outcome without
regulation and they will likely be the ones driving regulation in ridiculous directions
away from good outcomes once we start to see regulation.

The way lawyers redefine terms and obfuscate to make regulations say what they want instead
of what any normal person would think they actually say is truly impressive.

Owen