Netflix NOC? VPN Mismarked?

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Thu Jan 28 17:45:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog at ics-il.net> wrote:

> There's little reason to buy a newer TV more than every 5 - 10 years, so
> many TVs will be stranded until (if) they have some unifying firmware.

Well the TV is also meaningless if the CPE, and (at the very least) service
provider don't support IPv6.  And yes, that is unfortunately reality.   If
you look beyond the US and EU, and maybe Brazil, the rest of the world,
unfortunately, is FAR from IPv6 adoption, and that *is* reality.

Hence my initial comments... It's going to be many more years, before IPv6
is the "fix" for any real problems currently experienced with IPv4.  Sad,
but unfortunately, true.

--
Chris.