OT: ID/RFC formatting

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jan 25 20:01:33 UTC 2016

I know we have to have a few people on here who've written technical RFCs
(as opposed to 1 April ones like my RFC 2100)...

Any tips on 1) how to do inline boldface and 2) what to do with ASCIIart
illustrations that are too wide for the page?

I'm using Stefan Santteson's nroffEdit (since I'm presently stuck on Windows),
but it doesn't seem to like .B/.R or \fB / \fP for the former, and on the latter point,
it's simple unclear how I should approach the thing (a four-column time-sequence
diagram of a network transaction, similar to that of the four-point SIP call.

Cheers,
-- jra