The IPv6 Travesty that is Cogent's refusal to peer Hurricane Electric - and how to solve it

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Jan 25 19:06:12 UTC 2016

My understanding is this was mostly legacy from devices that did not carry full Rib and fib. There were tricks to avoid ending up on these skinny devices if you wanted.

Life in the core has changed a lot in recent years from 6500/7600 and foundry/brocade class devices to a more interesting set in the pipeline or released.

There are some limited rib-> fib download boxes that could slice traffic in cost effective ways that the price conscious consumer will likely push the market to.

Jared Mauch