Multicast stream monitoring tools

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jan 25 16:23:54 UTC 2016

On 25 January 2016 at 10:48, Murat Kaipov <mkaipov at outlook.com> wrote:

Hey,

> Hello folks!We have an issue with some multicast streams. For some reason picture is very unstable in evening, during internet usage peak times. We have had monitor our links and uplinks and there wasn't any oversubscribtion. I looking for usefull multicast stream monitoring tool now. Any suggestion?Thank you!

How are you monitoring this for oversub? SNMP graphs for pps/bps are
not useful nor his looking at CLI pps/bps counters. You should monitor
if there are queue drops on egress. If possible also monitor queue
length, but not all platforms offer this information.
My friend Occam says you're probably dropping packets.

You could also subscribe to the stream with monitoring PC which runs
something like this https://github.com/tarko/CCmon

--
  ++ytti