Programmable SFP+ Transcievers

Frederik Kriewitz frederik at kriewitz.eu
Fri Jan 22 12:03:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:
> What options are out there for re-programmable SFP and SFP+ transceivers?
> So far I have found both
> https://www.flexoptix.net/en/flexbox-v3-transceiver-programmer.html and
> http://solid-optics.com/tools/multi-fiber-tool/so-multi-fiber-tool-id1768.html
> Is there anything else out there? Any opinions on these two companies?
>

> I believe they both require you to use their SFPs in order to program them,
> but I could be wrong.

You're right, both companies programmers only work with their own transceiver.
We've some transceivers from FlexOptix including the FlexBoxv3. We
never had a problem with them. They have very good engineers.
>From the pricing SolidOptics list prices are better than FlexOptics,
but just talk to them and see if they can meet your pricing
requirements.
In our case we ended up with FlexOptix but we're only ordering there
when we need something urgent (same/next day).
Otherwise we're buying directly from China (Fiberstore). Neither Solid
Optics or FlexOptix could beat their prices. We're buying all the
expensive stuff stuff and larger quantities from them. So far we never
had a problem with them either. After reaching a sales volume of 30000
USD they will give you a programmer for their transceivers too.

Best Regards,
Freddy