Programmable SFP+ Transcievers

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:42:07 UTC 2016

The only downside I see to Flexoptix is that their pricing for their SFPs,
and you must use their SFPs, are much more expensive than already
programmed SFP's from low cost providers.

For example, a regualr 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km from Fiberstore is $34 (
http://www.fs.com/10gbase-lr-sfp-1310nm-10km-dom-transceiver-p-11591.html).
The same type of SFP+ from Flexoptics is $136.80
https://www.flexoptix.net/en/produkte/transceiver/sfp-plus-lr-transceiver-10-gigabit-stm64-sm-1310nm-10km-8db-ddm-dom.html

I know there should be a littler premium for using FlexOptics are you can
program on your own, but not 4X the amount.

How does Solid Optics compare on pricing? They don't list them on their
website.