New Switches with Broadcom StrataDNX

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 22:17:44 UTC 2016

Good point, there are many people looking at what I call FIB optimization right now.  The key is having the programmability on the device to make it happen.  Juniper/Cisco support it using policies to filter RIB->FIB and I believe both also do per-NPU/PFE localized FIBs now. I am not sure if that’s something supported on this new Broadcom chipset.  Depends on your network of course and where you are looking to position the router.

Phil