Looking for Yahoo eMail contact

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Mon Jan 18 23:53:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:40:17PM -0600, Ryan K. Brooks wrote:

> On 1/18/16 12:09 PM, Marc Storck wrote:
> >Yahoo is again "permanently" deferring mails with a persistent transient (sic) failure codes.
> >
> >I followed all the instructions provided online, on and off-list.
> >
> >Not sure what they expect operators to do in that case...
> >
> >Regards, Marc
> >Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:47
> >To: North American Network Operators' Group
> >Subject: Re: Looking for Yahoo eMail contact
> >
> >Today the situation cleared on it’s own as it appears. (at least I haven’t been notified of any human action)
> >
> >Thanks to all those replying on and off list.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Marc
> >
> Yahoo and Hotmail have always caused us problems with list delivery.  The
> issue comes and goes and nothing seems to fix it. I've _assumed_ that
> subscribers mark list traffic as spam instead of unsubscribing and some sort
> of score increases, shunting us, and then the score tapers off and delivery
> resumes.
>
> In the meantime, Mailman unsubs piles of *@yahoo accounts.

	I've seen this often on the feedback loop i get from aol,
namely their users similarly mark stuff as spam they meant to delete.

	the best is when they mark the monthly mailman item as spam.

	i've taken the approach of removing and blocking the user if I can
ID them, but mostly just ignoring the spam report.

	much easier that way.  you can't fix the users
sadly, they arrived in a broken state.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net