Looking for Yahoo eMail contact

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Jan 13 01:04:38 UTC 2016

On 1/12/2016 15:15, Jonathan Smith wrote:
> Wait I thought that was NTF, (No Trouble Found), as it magically cleared
> up.  Amazing what was/is done to avoid reporting issues/problems to the
> PUC or the like.

"NTF" is valid only if the reported condition was not observed by the
reporter at all.  "CCWT" means the reporter observed the reported
condition that disappeared while inserting or removing test cords,
thumping on the bay iron, or correcting an unrelated adjustment.

Couple of short war stories--we had a scandal and investigation of the
proportion of tickets that were closed "NTF".

Turns out that the night equipment man, as a matter of habit, every
night when he arrived for work, retrieved a piece of 2 X 4 he had
hidden, and whacked the end of every lineup on his way in.

In a different office, but the same kind of problem, one day the tool
crib clerk stopped me and asked about a stack of tickets in an
"analysis" project she had been assigned.

All of the tickets in the stack were mine, and they all referred to
equipment that day-shift patched-out and wrote up that night-shift
cleared as NTF or CCWT.  I had gotten tired of writing up the sad and
detailed story every day and had started reporing them as "AFU"-- she
wanted to know what "AFU" meant.

I told her it meant "All Fouled Up", where upon she picked up another
stack, also mine, marked "NFG".

I told her those were the same at the AFU ones.

--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)