Anonymous Threats

Eric Rogers ecrogers at precisionds.com
Mon Jan 11 01:45:25 UTC 2016

Thank you for all that have responded, and this response has been the majority, to leave well enough alone.  I guess I was hoping that maybe I could offer a new way to help narrow this search down.  It has been extremely frustrating to see someone so blatantly cocky in how he is taunting the authorities, yet threaten people's lives...this person is taking pictures of "intended targets" and their young children saying "maybe they won't make it home tonight" and much, much worse...I have reached out to local authorities to offer any help, and I haven't had any response, so at this point I am not going to do anything to slow or interfere with any investigation... this person needs caught.

As a secondary, I was thinking that by looking at the type of traffic, by using a sniffer/IDS or some mechanism to generate a list of possible users so if authorities came knocking I could help them ask for the correct information for a warrant.

My personal guess is that they are not from this area, possibly overseas from the US and using proxies that are nearby the target community.  That means any looking into my network won't do any good except find any "exit nodes" in the TOR world, but there are several other ways to do the same thing, and too many to keep up.

Eric Rogers
PDS Connect
www.pdsconnect.me
(317) 831-3000 x200