Anonymous Threats

Eric Rogers ecrogers at precisionds.com
Sun Jan 10 22:59:22 UTC 2016

Our local community has recently had threats where the user has a
FaceBook profile and is threatening the schools, and several surrounding
schools, saying he is going to shoot everyone and blow them up... This
is an investigation, but it is getting out of hand.  Several police/FBI
raids, but yielded no results, and/or did not catch the right person.
He/she is taunting them, local and federal.

I would ASSUME he is using some sort of proxy/anonymizer such as TOR or
something similar.  Is there any way to sniff for that type of traffic
on my network?  I want to make sure that they are not using us as the
source.

Any thoughts on how to catch this person?  Even if it isn't us, and it
is somewhere else I would like to put a stop to it.  Preferably off-list
if you do respond...

Thanks in advance.

Eric Rogers

www.pdsconnect.me