Binge On! - get your umbrellas out, stuff's hitting the fan.

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Sat Jan 9 23:52:03 UTC 2016

Comcast uses a standardized protocol called IPDR for their accounting and
if they're still using the same software collector that they were a few
years ago it was independently verified for accuracy.  IPDR had been part
of the DOCSIS protocol for nearly a decade and is publicly documented.

Now, what (if anything) they choose to zero rate or otherwise manipulate I
can't  speak on, but the collection of the usage is well understood,
independent of the CPE, and extremely accurate.