Smokeping targets

Andrew Dampf adampf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:59:27 UTC 2016

Something I found that is helpful once you've gathered a list of targets is
the following command for generating config to paste:

traceroute -w 3 [IPaddress] | grep -v "*" | grep -v "traceroute" | sed -e
's/(//g' -e 's/)//g' | awk '{ gsub(/\./,"_",$2); print "++++ "$2"\nmenu =
"$3"\ntitle = "$2" - "$3"\nhost = "$3"\n"}'

That generates a valid output for configs to ping each hop along the way to
your destination, which can be super useful. Not all of them allow ICMP but
a decent amount do.