Media converter vendors - GFP/EoSDH

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Feb 29 07:50:43 UTC 2016

On 29/Feb/16 06:47, Ramy Hashish wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Do you know anything about their MEF compliance? which of them is
> capable of working in carrier-grade large scale environment?

All the ones I've mentioned seem to have some kind of CE 2.0 compliance.

How true it is I'm not really sure. I only use Cisco and Juniper for my
Carrier Ethernet deployments.

All those vendors have Carrier Ethernet support in their transport gear,
but it will usually be based on simple 802.1Q or MPLS-TP at the most. If
you want an IP/MPLS control plane, you'd need to look at their router
offerings, for those that have.

Mark.