sFlow vs netFlow/IPFIX

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 07:41:48 UTC 2016

Sorry but I could not understand what issues you've found in sflow.
Could you describe they in details?

Recently I had speech at RIPE 71 and show pattern of real attack which
achieved 6 gbps in first 30 seconds (just check slide 6 here
http://www.slideshare.net/pavel_odintsov/ripe71-fastnetmon-open-source-dos-ddos-mitigation).

And sflow device could offer 3-4 seconds detection time from this
case. But netflow __could__ delay telemetry up to 30 seconds (in case
of huge syn/syn-ack flood for example) and you network will experience
downtime.

But with sflow you could detect and mitigate this attack in seconds.
Is it make sense?

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov