APC vs UPC?

Jameson, Daniel Daniel.Jameson at tdstelecom.com
Tue Feb 23 14:40:01 UTC 2016

Most SFP/XFP have upc connectors until you get above 5(ish) db of power,  then you'll start to see APC and/or E2000 connections.   You'll end up using a  hybrid jumper (APC one end,  UPS on the other).  If you're looking for quality jumpers look at Clearfield or Corning. ADC makes tracelite jumpers that illuminate if that's part of your  need. You should only see a .1-.2 db increase in loss for an APC connecter vs a UPC connector.